- Empty 2-liter soda bottle
- Dry erase marker
- Box cutter
- Foam paintbrush
- Acrylic paint
- Paint pen
- Permanent marker
- Potting soil
- Small plant
1. Remove the label from your soda bottle, scraping off all the sticky residue.
2. Draw an animal shape on the bottle with a dry erase marker.
3. Use a box cutter to poke a slit in the bottle, then cut out the animal with scissors. Optional: Use the box cutter to create small drainage holes on the bottom of the bottle.
4. Wipe off the dry erase marker.
5. Coat the bottle with acrylic paint, then let dry.
6. Create your animal’s face with paint pens and permanent marker.
7. Let your completed bottle planter dry completely.
8. Pot your plant with high quality potting soil.